Job descriptions to download on the right hand side of the page.
Environmental Education Assistant
Location: Thames Chase Trust (Charity), Pike Lane, Upminster
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting To: The Board of Trustees
Contract Type: Zero hours
Expected commitment: Up to 20hours per school term [Including some early evenings]
Pay: Hourly rate (To be determined)
To provide educational opportunities for Schools and youth groups.
The role will include liaising with schools and youth groups to prepare and provide daytime or early evening activities at the Forest Centre or elsewhere in the Community Forest.
(This role is being newly-recruited for in summer 2019)
In the last 25 years Thames Chase Community Forest has planted over 2 million trees and provided 48 varied sites improving the distinctive historic landscape both for people and for wildlife. Much of this has been achieved with the support of local people through volunteering and in the past 5 years, it has been lead by the Thames Chase Trust almost entirely through dedicated volunteers.
Now with new and exciting challenges ahead, we need to expand our volunteer teams. The Forest and the Forest Centre have fresh opportunities for those who are looking to make a difference to our environment and enjoy the rewards of using skills in fresh ways.
Would you like to help make a difference to our environment and the rich variety of landscapes available to all who live in local communities ? We do need your help.
Opportunities include –
- Conservation work throughout the Forest
- Developing and managing a busy visitor centre and grounds
- Producing a wide range of events
- Promoting the work of the Forest and the Thames Chase Plan
- Supporting a range of projects
Volunteering brings many rewards -
- meeting others with similar interests by working as a team in a friendly environment
- utilizing your unique skills on worthwhile projects
- working for the benefit of the local community
- working indoors or outdoors
- helping to create a safe, attractive and welcoming environment for others
- leaving a legacy for the future
- increasing your life experiences
For more information contact the Visitor Centre on 01708 642970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff wanted for weekends and holidays.
For more information call:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.