Save the bees!
Spring and Summer is a great time to help nature. Lots of bees are out now and they will be wanting to collect lots of nectar and pollen from beautifully coloured flowers and take it back to the hive for the Queen Bee so that there is food for the young ones.
Come a long to Thames Chase on Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th May, in the morning 10-12 and learn about bees and how to help them. There will be lots for you to do including:
Design a poster ‘How to Help Bees’; Paint a bumble bee using corks; make and decorate your own bee; plant seeds to attract bees and more.
- Design a poster ‘How to Help the Bees
- Paint a bumble bee using corks
- Make a small bee hotel
- Make and decorate your own bee using a template
- Planting seeds to attract bees – lavender and rosemary seeds and some flower seeds.
- Make a comic character bee
- Bee story and poem (Wednesday morning only. Please check session times on arrival)
Later in the year there will be a bee-themed musical show, and we are looking for participants to help perform. Let our activity coordinators know if you or your little ones are interested in taking part.
This event is free to attend, but donations are welcome to cover costs of the activities.
More events like this
Check out the Land of the Fanns poetry competition, and other creative outlets to engage with the Community Forest and the world around us.
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.