Children's Summer Holiday Programme
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week from 25th July to 24th August between 10:30am and 12:30pm
A variety of activities will be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to drop in on, on Thursdays there will be special activities.
On Wednesay 9th August there will be self led activites only such as woodland trails.
The family cycling day has been rearranged to Wednesday 23rd August.
A different theme is followed each week as follows:
Week 1 (25th -27th July) Drama week including mask making, plant identification, planting plants to attract insects and acting activities based on Mid Summer Nights Dream
Week 2 (1st-3rd August) In the Air including kite making, throwing competition, planting miniature gardens, walking exercises and making a map.
Week 3 (8th-10th August) Underground including making creatures that live underground, finding bugs that live under leaves/stones etc., seeing what happens to plants underground, bug hunt and looking for animal tracks
Week 4 (15th-17thAugust) Water including painting, exploring the ponds and pond life at Broadfields, making a model of a pond, planting radishes and making rain dance music
Week 5 (22nd- 24th August) In the tree tops including painting or making a collage of trees, writing poems about trees, planting cress, pounding leaves or making faces with natural materials and natural sculptures.
Thursday 27th July 10:30am-4:00pm - A midsummer night’s dream in a day – Drama Workshop
- Children will rehearse a reading of A Midsummer Night’s Dream and perform to parents at 3:30pm in a story telling area outside.
- A great opportunity for children to work together to explore their creative ability and improve their confidence.
- Age suitability is 7+
- Donation of £10 is requested.
Thursday 3rd August 10:30am-12:30pm– Create your own map
- How far is it to the Mighty Oak?
- Please come and help us here at Thames Chase to map the route from the barn to the mighty oak.
- You will learn how to use a compass and note the directions down.
- You will use your observational skills to show all the interesting features along the way.
- At the end you will have your own map which you will be able to share with your family and friends.
- Please meet the volunteers in the barn at 10.30am on Thursday 3 August.
- This event is suitable for 5+ years. Please aware appropriate clothes for the weather.
Wednesday 9th August 10am-4pm - Cycling day
Thursday 10th August 10:30am-12:30pm - Take a walk across Broadfields to under the M25 where you can discover animal tracks
Thursday 17th August 10:30am-12:30pm - Learn about “Rain Dance” music and movement near the Tee Pees
Thursday 24th August 10:30am-12:30pm - Create natural sculptures
All the activities are produced by our volunteers and we ask for a donation of around £3 for each child each day to help with resources and expenses
Children must be accompanied by an adult for all activities
Tues, Weds & Thursday
25th July - 24th August
Raising Funds for Thames Chase Trust (Charity No. 1115627)
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.