Thames Chase Community Forest celebrates 30 years of landscape regeneration in 2020.
In this time, over 48 green spaces have been restored or created from spoilt land to provide access for local people to explore for recreation, exercise, health and study and to provide a wide and a varied range of wildlife habitats.
In recent years this has been achieved with the help and involvement of local communities through donations and volunteering.
Amongst the achievements over the past 30 years are:
- Plant over 2 million trees across the 40 square miles of the Community Forest
- Built a thriving hub at the Forest Centre, welcoming over 100,000 visitors each year to the Broadfields site alone
- 41.2 km of hedgerows created or restored, 803 hectares of non-woodland habitat created since 1990 as part of the mosaic of landscapes across the Forest
- Run outreach and engagement programmes with local schools, youth groups and children’s centres, inspiring the next generation to understand, respect and protect the natural landscape around them
Over this time we have also been recognised for work across the Community, picking up the 2013 Havering Business Award for Best Community Business or Organisation, while our Conservation Volunteers have been shortlisted for the Mayor of London’s Volunteering Team of the Year in 2019.
Now managed by the charity, the Thames Chase Trust (Charity No. 1115627), further support is vital to sustain these environmental improvements into the future.
Whether by donating your time or your money, you can make a big difference in protecting and enhancing the future of the Thames Chase Community Forest.
In supporting the Thames Chase Trust and help us to deliver projects for the next 30 years and beyond as we continues our commitment to:
Transforming landscapes, transforming lives
Thames Chase Trust supporter scheme: 2019-2020
As an individual or as a household, we invite you to become a supporter of the Thames Chase Community Forest. You can do this by donating an annual contribution or by joining our team of terrific volunteers.
For 2019-2020 we can also offer a supporter starting from 1stOctober 2019 and running to 30th September 2020):
- A car parking badge (two for a joint supportership), allowing for year-round parking at the Broadfields site – home of the Thames Chase Forest Centre*
- One £10 voucher for the household for use on selected events or room hire at the Forest Centre up to 30th September 2020 (if joining the scheme on or before 31 January 2020)
- A supporters’ card (for each registered supporter) enabling 10% off at the Forest Centre Cafe during weekdays in term time**
- Early-bird booking for events and activities at the Forest Centre
- Extra insights and information about the work delivered by the Thames Chase Trust, our partners in the Community Forest project, and our progress on the Thames Chase Plan
All of the above is available as part of an individual scheme – for one individual and car per household – or as part of a discounted joint supportership – for two individuals and two cars registered at the same household.
The individual supporter scheme is available for an annual donation of £60 for the year (or £5 for every remaining month up to September 2020), whilst the joint supportership is available for an annual donation of £90 for the year (or £7.50 for every remaining month up to September 2020).
The supporters scheme is based on whole months, commencing in the month in which payment is made, for example – if you join in January 2020, your supportership will run from January-September 2020 (9 months = £45 for individual or £67.50 for joint).
Gift Aid on your donation
If you are an income taxpayer, the donation is eligible for Gift Aid, meaning the Trust can receive an extra 25% from the Government to boost the work we are able to deliver within the Community Forest with our partners.
How to join the supporter scheme
You will be able to join the supporter scheme by downloading, completing and returning the form on this page and emailing to : email@example.com
Alternatively, you can pick up forms at the Forest Centre and complete and return these in person or by post.
Donations payments can be processed in a number of ways:
- by bank transfer (banking details and reference information requirements on the supporters sign-up form)
- by cheque in person or by post
- by card payment via a phone call
- by card in person
- by cash in person
Your supporter scheme begins when Thames Chase Trust has processed the donation and supporter application form.
We hope that our supporters will benefit by being able to enjoy the Forest Centre and Broadfields site much more easily when visiting, reducing the requirement to carry cash when you visit, and by also reducing the amount of paper we use in the car park for tickets.
For many, we hope the offer will also encourage you to make more regular use of the all-weather surfaces across Broadfields, which are suitable for family walks, cycling, wheelchair users, those with mobility scooters, dog walkers and horse riders alike.
*Car parking badges are for exclusive use at the Broadfields/Forest Centre car park. Other sites within the Thames Chase Community Forest are managed and operated by partner organisations, and may have their own car park charges or schemes. Please check before you travel.
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.