Thames Chase Trust Supporter Scheme 2019 - 2020
In 2019, we launched our new supporters scheme to support the Thames Chase Community Forest into the future. You can make an annual or monthly donation which will enable us to deliver our vital work across the area including tree planting, maintaining pathways and habitats and engaging people with the importance of the natural world.
Individual Membership - £5 a month or £60 a year
Joint Membership - £7.50 a month or £90 a year
The Supporters Scheme
For 2019-2020, we can offer a supporter starting from 1st October 2019 and running to 30th September 2020:
- A car parking badge (two for a joint supportership), allowing for year-round parking at the Broadfields site – home of the Thames Chase Forest Centre*
- One £10 voucher for the household for use on selected events or room hire at the Forest Centre up to 30th September 2020 (if joining the scheme on or before 31 January 2020)
- A supporters’ card (for each registered supporter) enabling 10% off at the Forest Centre Cafe during weekdays in term time**
- Early-bird booking for events and activities at the Forest Centre
- Extra insights and information about the work delivered by the Thames Chase Trust, our partners in the Community Forest project, and our progress on the Thames Chase Plan
All of the above is available as part of an individual scheme – for one individual and car per household – or as part of a discounted joint supportership – for two individuals and two cars registered at the same household.
The individual supporter scheme is available for an annual donation of £60 for the year (or £5 for every remaining month up to September 2020), whilst the joint supportership is available for an annual donation of £90 for the year (or £7.50 for every remaining month up to September 2020).
The supporters scheme is based on whole months, commencing in the month in which payment is made, for example – if you join in January 2020, your supportership will run from January-September 2020 (9 months = £45 for individual or £67.50 for joint).
Gift Aid on your donation
If you are an income taxpayer, the donation is eligible for Gift Aid, meaning the Trust can receive an extra 25% from the Government to boost the work we are able to deliver within the Community Forest with our partners.
How to join the supporter scheme
You will be able to join the supporter scheme by downloading, completing and returning the form on this page and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can pick up forms at the Forest Centre and complete and return these in person or by post.
Donations payments can be processed in a number of ways:
- by bank transfer (banking details and reference information requirements on the supporters sign-up form)
- by cheque in person or by post
- by card payment via a phone call
- by card in person
- by cash in person
Your supporter scheme begins when Thames Chase Trust has processed the donation and supporter application form.
We hope that our supporters will benefit by being able to enjoy the Forest Centre and Broadfields site much more easily when visiting, reducing the requirement to carry cash when you visit, and by also reducing the amount of paper we use in the car park for tickets.
For many, we hope the offer will also encourage you to make more regular use of the all-weather surfaces across Broadfields, which are suitable for family walks, cycling, wheelchair users, those with mobility scooters, dog walkers and horse riders alike.
*Car parking badges are for exclusive use at the Broadfields/Forest Centre car park. Other sites within the Thames Chase Community Forest are managed and operated by partner organisations, and may have their own car park charges or schemes. Please check before you travel.
**Term time is based on the dates set by the London Borough of Havering (external link)
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.