This Park offers formal gardens – including a sensory garden – attractive grass areas, a children’s play area, and extensive sports pitches.
King George's Playing Fields is a large centrally located park offering many facilities.
The entrance to Hartswood Golf Course is also to be found in this park as is that to Hartswood itself, a wood of 73 acres where an access trail makes it easy for people to use, including those with disabilities. There is a footpath which runs through Hartswood and links up with Thorndon Country Park and Little Warley and Childerditch Common.
8am till Dusk
Features of the Park include:
- Site Area: 73 acres
- Site Type: Park/Playing Fields
- Site Users: Public Access
- Path Length: 1km – Accessible, (0.5km cycling)
- Parking: 8am to dusk
- Car parking is available with access from Hartswood Road and Ingrave Road. There are 3 car parks available if accessing from Ingrave Road and the first car park offers all day parking for £5. The car park accessed from Hartswood Road also offers all day parking for £5.
- All of the car parks in King Georges offer free parking for 4 hours, with no return within 2 hours
- Children’s Play Area: Up to 12 years
- Formal gardens exquisite in spring -time and beautiful all year round
- Paddling pools
- A unique garden for the blind with many flowering and non-flowering plants which appeal to senses other than sight
- Playing fields for football, cricket, rugby and kick about areas
- Bowling greens with 12 rinks
- Crazy golf
- Skate park
- Excellent facilities for the disabled and able-bodied alike
- Map: http://www.visitparks.co.uk/media/1017/thorndon-country-park-brentwood-map.pdf
- Nearest Train Station: Brentwood – 1.4km
- Nearest Bus stop: 0.5km
- Bus Number: First London - 268, 565, 750
- Site Management Organisation: Brentwood Borough Council
- Phone: 01277 312500
- Email: email@example.com
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.