The landscape character of Thorndon South is in marked contrast to the predominantly wooded feel surrounding the Countryside Centre at Thorndon North. Visit on a clear day to enjoy the feeling of space and the stunning views across the Thames to Kent.
The open parkland at Thorndon South is busy with families enjoying barbecues and picnics. Drink in views across countryside as far as Canary Wharf or fly a kite on one of its many hills.
Dawn till dusk
Features of the Park include:
- Site Area: 529acres (214 hectares) (Thorndon North and South Combined)
- Site Type: Parkland/Woodland
- Site Users: Open to all
- Path Length: 2.3km (Cycling – 0.6km, Horse Riding – 0.6km)
- Path Conditions: Fully Accessible - 0.2km Rough - 0.4km Unsurfaced - 1.7km
- Visitors Centre: Countryside Centre: shop and tearoom (Thorndon Country Park North)
- Open summer 9:30am until 5pm, winter 9:30am until dusk, the Countryside Centre is jointly owned and managed by Essex Wildlife Trust.
- Toilets: Yes (Disabled, Baby changing)
- Parking: Dawn till dusk
- Site Leaflet
- Nearest Train Station: West Horndon - 1.5km
- Nearest Bus stop: 100m
- Bus Number: First Thamesway 751, 750
- Site Management Organisation: Essex County Council
- Phone: 01277 211250
- Email: email@example.com
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.