The Field of Peace is located between North Stifford Village and the Mardyke River. It’s a great place for a picnic!
Sir Fielding Clarke and Lady Mary Milward Clarke once lived in Coppid Hall. Sir Fielding died in 1928, and later on the 19th June 1933 his widow donated the land to the elderly of the village. The name ‘Field of Peace’ derives from her wish that the field should be a place to ‘sit in peace’.
Davy Down and the Field of Peace form part of the Bridleway which runs from Ship Lane, Aveley, to Fen Lane Bulphan; a distance of 4.2 miles.
Accessible at all times
Features of the park include:
- Site Area: ~ 17.5 acres
- Picnic area
- Path Length: 1.5km (1.0km – Cycling, 1.0km – Horse Riding)
- Path Conditions: Unsurfaced – 1.5km
- Nearest Train/Tube: Chafford Hundred, 1.5km
- Nearest Bus: 0.5km
- Bus Number: First London, 269
- Site Management Organisation: Thurrock Council
- Phone: 01375 652955
Field of Peace
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.