Berwick Woods are a privately owned woodland open to the public. It is a restored sand and gravel quarry. It was officially opened to the public in 1999. There is woodland and meadows on the site.
Site owners Tarmac Southern Ltd worked closely on this restoration with Thames Chase and the London Borough of Havering: to create an informal site with a strong arts theme.
When exploring Berwick Woods, look out for the gabion seats of artist Steven Follen and the signage of letter cutter Gary Breeze. Gary’s work was so distinctive that it was used as inspiration for the Forestry Commission’s signage on adjoining Berwick Glades
Accessible at all times
Features of the park include:
- Site Area: 25.2 Hectares (72.03 Acres)
- Site Type: Privately owned Woodland with Public Access
- Site users: Pedestrians
- Path Length: Approx. 2km
- Car Park: Yes - Berwick Pond Road
- Visitors Centre: No
- Toilets: No
- Foot/cycle path access for Abbey Wood Lane and Hornchurch Country Park.
- Nearest Train/Tube: Rainham
- Nearest Bus: Abbey Wood Lane and Airfield Way
- Bus Number: 165
- Site Management Organisation: Tarmac
- Phone: 0800 1 218 218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Berwick Pond Road
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.