Regular activites available at Thames Chase Forest Centre:
Join us for a free taster session - please call for details.
What is Nordic Walking? Nordic Walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking - it makes something we can all do... twice as effective! It is a specific exercise technique and is not to be confused with trekking, hillwalking or rambling.
In order to gain maximum benefit from Nordic Walking it is essential to learn the correct technique from a qualified instructor who is accredited by Nordic Walking UK.
Call Marilyn Morgan now on: 07905963021
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start fresh for this month and experience relaxation in natural surroundings at Thames Chase Forest Centre.
Monday mornings at 10.30am – 12.00pm
Experienced tutor John London BYW.
Ring for a place on our next course
01708642970 or 07785 901 886
Starting on 7th January 2019
Why would you want to learn how to meditate, or relax well?
Why would you think that it is difficult to learn, these questions can be answered by trying for yourself!
Each week we meet as a group of people embarking on a journey for each person, why not join us?
You will be guided on a passage of mental exercises by an experienced teacher. No stress, no fuss just easy relaxation techniques and exercises that everyone can master. No prior experience needed.
“The benefits of meditation on overall mental and physical health have been demonstrated in a wide range of scientific studies. Despite this, you might still be a little sceptical about meditation. When the word is mentioned a whole cascade of stereotypes can spring to mind: Buddhist monks, yoga classes, lentils, brown rice . . . So, before we proceed, we’d like to dispel some myths:"
- Peace of mind and tranquillity of thoughts, is a right, that everyone can achieve without too much cost, effort or training.
- Meditation is not a religion. It is simply a form of mental training that has been proven in countless scientific trials to help people cope with pain, illness, anxiety, stress, depression, irritability and exhaustion.
- Meditation will not trick you into passivity or resign you to your fate. On the contrary, mindfulness boosts mental and physical resilience.
- Meditation will not seduce you into adopting a fake ‘positive’ attitude to life. It simply creates a form of mental clarity that helps you to enjoy life and achieve your goals.
- Meditation does not take a lot of time in fact it can take around twenty minutes per day, many people find that it liberates more time than it consumes because they spend far less time having to cope with chronic pain, illness and stress.
- Meditation is not difficult or complicated, although it does require some effort and persistence. You can meditate on more or less anything. You can also do it virtually anywhere – on buses, trains, and aircraft or even in the busiest office.
Our group meets at 10.30 - 12:00 each Monday morning at Thames Chase Educational room, Come along and see for yourself!
You will be amazed how simple the whole process is.
Yoga and meditation teacher.
Phone: 07785 901 886 or 01708 642970
Yoga for all
Weekly Yoga classes
A total mind and body workout, yoga increases flexability, enhances wellbeing and life balance, and aids relaxation. All abilities welcome, including pregnant ladies and beginners.
Tuesdays: 7:45-9pm at Coopers Coborn School, St Marys Lane, Upminster, RM14 3HS
Thursdays: 10-11:15am at Thames Chase Forest Centre, Pike Lane, Upminster, RM14 3NS
£6 per session
For more information contacts Janet Tibble (qualified Britsh Wheel of Yoga teacher)
Mobile: 07920 237666
Phone: 01708 226196
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.