At Harold Court Woods the walking is easy, the pace is relaxed and there’s often someone about to stop and chat to – it’s a friendly community green space.
Stretches of woodland and grassland rise to 150 foot at its highest point where a sculpted wooden seat created by artist Tim Norris offers a comfortable and stylish view west, across London.
Keep going across Nags Head Lane to Tylers Common, or along Ivy Lodge Lane to safely cross over to Pages Wood, for a further 6.5km of walking or cycling (additional 2.2km for horses).
Harold Court Woods is located right on the doorstep of Harold Wood and Harold Hill; easily accessed under the railway arch on Harold Court Road.
Planting of around 40,000 trees by the Forestry Commission has been supplemented by the creation of meadow and pond/wetland areas. New paths give good access to pedestrians and cyclists. Horse riders are welcome anywhere off path as well as the designated horse routes.
8am till dusk
Features of the Park include:
- Site Area: 61.8 acres (25ha)
- Site Type: Public Access Woodland
- Site Users: Open to all
- Path Length: Pedestrians and Cyclists – 3.3km (0.7km unsurfaced)
- Horse Riders: 1.3km
- Car Park: Yes, on Harold Court Road, access from A12 or Harold Wood, Dawn till Dusk, Free
- (check www.forestry.gov.uk/thameschase for confirmed car park closing times)
- Site Leaflet
- Nearest Train/Tube: Harold Wood – 1.7km
- Nearest Bus stop: 300m
- Bus Number: 256, 294, 296
- Site Management Organisation: Forestry Commission
- Site Manager: Community Ranger
- Phone: 01708 642964
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RM3 0LA
- OS Grid ref: TQ558 914
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.