Pages Wood is the Forestry Commission’s largest site in Thames Chase and home to 100,000 trees. The wood offers 6.5km of walking and cycling paths and 2.2km of bridlepaths.
If you fancy an even longer walk or ride, you can cross safely over to Harold Court Woods to the North West and Tylers Common and Tylers Wood to the North East. You can also connect to the London Loop, allowing you to roam even further afield if you have the time.
This valley of green space offers excellent views as well as a rich mosaic of habitats for wildlife.
It's a great place for children to cycle safely, and also provides a variety of walking opportunities without encountering road traffic. Extensive views, an excellent path network, developing woodlands, and sculptures designed by local children all make Pages Wood a "must-visit" site – either for some brisk exercise or just simple relaxation.
The Sustrans cycle route 136 also goes through Pages Wood from Hall Lane and into Harold Wood Park.
8am till Dusk
Features of the Park include:
- Site Area: 182.9 acres (74 ha)
- Site Type: Public Access Woodland
- Site Users: Open to all
- Path Length: Pedestrians and Cyclists - 6.5km, Horse Riders – 2.2km
- Path Conditions: Fully Accessible - 4.5km, Accessible - 1.2km, Unsurfaced - 0.8km
- Car Park: Dawn till Dusk, Free, on Hall Lane and at Harold Wood Park
- (check www.forestry.gov.uk/thameschase for confirmed car park closing times)
- Picnic Area/Tables
- Site leaflet
- Nearest Train/Tube: Harold Wood – 1km
- Nearest Bus stop: 400m
- Bus Number: First London 951,952, request stop at Shepherd and Dog Pub
- Site Management Organisation: Forestry Commission
- Site Manager: Community Ranger
- Phone: 01708 642964
- Email: email@example.com
Post Code: RM14 1TT
OS Grid ref: TQ562 894
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.