Pot Kiln Wood is made up of two rough species rich grassland meadows, a number of (possibly ancient) hedgerows, extensive scrub habitats, a small recently planted woodland and areas of colonised woodland. It features native broadleaf trees and shrubs including field maple, midland hawthorn, common hawthorn, ash, blackthorn, oak, wild rose and elder.
This small site was purchased by the Woodland Trust as part of their Millennium "Woods on Your Doorstep" campaign. The grassland, scrub and young woodland is accessible by footpaths from Front Lane, Bird Lane and Stour Way, Cranham.
Accessible at all times.
Features of the Park include:
- Site Area: 16.9acres (6.84 hectares)
- Site Type: Public Access Woodland
- Path Length: 0.7km (unsurfaced)
- Nearest Train/Tube: Upminster 2km
- Nearest Bus stop: 100m
- Bus Number: London First 256,294,296
- Site Management Organisation: The Woodland Trust
- Phone: 01476 581 111
- Email: email@example.com
OS Grid ref: TQ572886
Pot Kiln Wood
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.