Take a gentle stroll around this lightly wooded hillside or just sit, contemplate, relax and enjoy the views.
From the top of Tylers grassland hilltop you can see right across Docklands to the City, with its distinctive ‘Gherkin’ and on into the West End.
With links directly to Tylers Common and a bridleway bridge across the M25, Tylers Wood is a small, but important part of the Thames Chase Community Forest jigsaw.
8am till dusk
Features of the Park include:
- Site Area: 34.6 acres (14ha)
- Site Type: Public Access Woodland
- Site Users: Open to all
- Path Length: Pedestrians and Cyclists – 2.2km (0.4km unsurfaced)
- Horse Riders – Grass areas
- Car Park: Yes on Warley Road – Dawn till Dusk – Free
- Picnic Tables
- Nearest Train/Tube: Harold Wood – 3km
- Nearest Bus stop: Request stop at Shepherd and Dog pub – 1.3km
- Bus Number: 951, 952
- Site Management Organisation: Forestry Commission
- Site Manager: Community Ranger
- Phone: 01708 642964
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.forestryengland.uk/tylers-wood
OS Grid ref: TQ574 905
Do you have anything to add to this page? Click below to submit your content.